Family Fun Day – Saturday 2nd May 2015
The An Post Tour of Sligo Family Fun Day returned popular demand for 2014. Regardless of age or cycling experience, this wonderful event gives families the chance to get on their bikes and discover the simple pleasures of cycling in a fun and enjoyable environment.
A Festival of Cycling entertainment ranging from stunning BMX displays to fun cycling challenges and the choice of either a 10km or 2Km cycling spin will be on offer. It promises to be an exciting day for young and old alike !
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: Registration/ Sign in at Institute of Technology Sligo Knocknarea Arena
- 2.00pm onwards: Fun activities including Cycle Skills Challenge, Dr Bike – bike check, BMX Display and more
- 3.00pm: 10km Hazelwood Spin for All (for 9yrs+, all under 14′s must be accompanied by an adult)
- 3.00pm: 2K Bike Trail at IT Sligo grounds (for 6- 8yrs, must be accompanied by an adult who can cycle or walk)
- Goody Bag for All entrants– only €3 entry per person
10km Hazelwood Spin for All (9yrs+)
10km Hazelwood Spin for All is about fun, enjoyment and participation, with safety a key priority. The cycle is along a flat route from IT Sligo to Half Moon Bay Hazelwood and back with a water/fruit stop. This cycle will have lead and trail cars and all cyclists will travel within the zone of the two cars.
2km Bike Trail (6-8yrs)
The 2km Bike Trail will take place inside the grounds of the IT Sligo. This Cycle will have a lead cyclist and marshals and the cycle will be at an easy pace to accommodate the young cyclists involved. Children must be supervised by an adult who can either cycle with them or walk beside them along the trail.
Other Entertainment on the day will include……
Cycle Skills Challenge – Cycling enthusiasts of all ages can test their riding skills against our loop featuring slaloms, planks, limbo bars and more. Can you score a clear round? No matter what level of rider you are, the loop will find a fun way to challenge you!