Family Fun Day – Saturday 5th May 2013 including:
The An Post Tour of Sligo Family Fun Day is back by popular demand for 2013. Regardless of age or cycling experience, this wonderful event gives families the chance to get on their bikes and discover the simple pleasures of cycling in a fun and enjoyable environment.
A Festival of Cycling entertainment ranging from astonishing cycling acrobatic shows and stunning BMX displays to fun cycling challenges and the choice of either a 10km or 2Km cycling spin will be on offer. It promises to be an exciting day for young and old alike !
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: Registration/ Sign in at Institute of Technology Sligo
- 2.00pm onwards: Fun activities including Cycle Skills Challenge, Dr Bike – bike check, BMX Display, Cycling acrobatics and more
- 3.00pm: 10km Hazelwood Spin for All (for 9yrs+, all under 14′s must be accompanied by an adult)
- 3.00pm: 2K Bike Trail at IT Sligo grounds (for 6- 8yrs, must be accompanied by an adult)
- 4.30pm: Spectacular Cycling Acrobatic Show by Cirque de Sally
- Goody Bag for All entrants– only €3 entry per person
10km Hazelwood Spin for All (9yrs+)
10km Hazelwood Spin for All is about fun, enjoyment and participation, with safety a key priority. The cycle is along a flat route from IT Sligo to Half Moon Bay Hazelwood and back with a water/fruit stop. This cycle will have lead and trail cars and all cyclists will travel within the zone of the two cars. Click here to view Map 10km.
2km Bike Trail (6-8yrs)
The 2km Bike Trail will take place inside the grounds of the IT Sligo. This Cycle will have a lead cyclist and marshals and the cycle will be at an easy pace to accommodate the young cyclists involved.
Click here to view Map 2km.
Other Entertainment on the day will include……
Cycling Acrobatic ‘Cirque de Sally’ - a sensational, silly and exceptionally eccentric show where Sally turns the ordinary into the extraordinary with her acrobatics, hula hoops, crazy contortion and stunt cycling. Sally will perform two 40 minute shows that will have you amazed and your sides splitting, not to be missed!
Cycle Skills Challenge – Cycling enthusiasts of all ages can test their riding skills against our loop featuring slaloms, planks, limbo bars and more. Can you score a clear round? No matter what level of rider you are, the loop will find a fun way to challenge you!