Thank you for Registering for the Sport Ireland Yeats Tour of Sligo 2017.
Please read the following information carefully.
The following is Event Information, which includes downloads of the Route Map & Safety Information and ways in which you can support our nominated charity, Samaritans Sligo.
Please note the event will run from 9am to 5.30pm on Sunday 30th April, please consider this if you have selected the 160km route distance. Cyclists undertaking the 160km event must reach the 50k distance by 11.30am at the very latest, otherwise you will be strongly advised to turn left at this point and join the 100km event.
Sign-in and Start Times
Every participant must sign-in on the weekend of the event at the Knocknarea Arena, Institute of Technology, Ballinode, Sligo as follows: (Click here for directions)
Participants should allow plenty of time to sign in, prior to the event start.160 Km Ox Mountain Challenge Sign-in Times: Sat 29th April, 500pm to 7.00pm / Sun 30th April, 7.30am to 8.30am Start Time: Sunday 30th April at 9.00am 100 Km Innisfree Tour Sign-in Times: Sat 29th April, 5.00pm to 7.00pm / Sun 30th April, 8.30am to 9.30am Start Time: Sunday 30th April at 10.00am 60 Km Lough Gill Circuit Sign-in Times: Sat 29th April, 5.00pm to 7.00pm / Sun 30th April, 9.00am to 10.00am Start Time: Sunday 30th April at 10.30am
Download Route Maps & Safety Information
Please print off the relevant map/ information for the event you have entered:
View the Sunday Routes in more detail on Map My Ride:
We are delighted to announce that Samaritans Sligo is our chosen charity for 2017. As a contribution to the charity is not inbuilt into the event fee it is hoped that cyclists will support this worthy fundraiser. The Samaritans is available 24 hours a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair including those which may lead to suicide. The funds raised will go towards the development of the local service. If you wish to get family, friends and work colleagues to sponsor you please contact us for a sponsorship raffle card. Click here to read more about the charity.
What to do at Sign-in
- You must bring your Event Receipt to Sign-in.
- At Sign-in please look up on the wall and queue in your Event Distance under the First Letter of your Surname.
- Please sign-in opposite your name on the sign-in sheet and record the event number you are given.
- At Sign-in you will receive your event number (compulsory to be wore on your back for the duration of the event), your food wristband (this must be shown at all food stops and handed in for refreshments at the end at IT Sligo), emergency contact card (details numbers to ring if you are in difficulty on the route) and a t-shirt ticket.
- Safety Pins will be located near the exit along with pens for filling out the emergency contact info on the back of your event number.
- If you have any queries please go straight to the Help Desk. (If you queue in your event line you will only be send to the Help Desk to queue again.)
How to collect your Long Sleeve Technical T-Shirt
- We would strongly advise you to sign-in in good time to avail of the appropriate size t-shirt.
- T-shirts are given out on a first come first served basis – sizes can not be changed once taken away from the Collection Zone.
- T-shirt will not be kept for collection after the event, you must collect it before the start.
- Once you sign-in you can go straight to the Collection Zone and pick your Jersey by handing in your ticket. (No Ticket No t-shirt)
- Please look after your t-shirt and do not leave it down unattended or misplace it as we will not be able to give you another.
Changing Route Distance
- If you have entered online you can change your route distance yourself up until the closing date Tuesday 25th April 2017.
- If on the day of the event you feel you have not completed enough training for the route you have selected then you may change distance.
- You must go to your original event and sign in and collect your number and wristband etc.
- You will then come to the Help Desk and exchange your number for the new route distance you will be cycling and sign the change of route form.
- If you wish to move up from the 60km route distance to the 100km or 160km distances you will be required to pay the additional €10 charge.
- Please read the The Routes page on the website where you can checked the route descriptions and elevations of the 60Km, the 100Km and 160Km and tailor your training to the route you have selected!
- Please make note of your selected Route Distance start time. (Numbers are colour coded, so if your number is a different colour to everyone else you are in the wrong distance! Marshals will be checking this and direct you to your correct event)
- Cyclists will be lining up behind the Start/Finish Arch.
- Safety Instructions will be read over a loud speaker before the event starts, please listen carefully to these.
- Cyclists must be wearing a hard shell helmet at this point and wear it throughout the event.
- Cyclists must carry their own water bottle for filling at water stops along the route
- This event will be a mass start and is not a race, please cycle with care as you exit the IT Sligo grounds and be aware of the others cyclists around you.
After you complete the Cycle:
- Shower facilities are available in the Knocknarea Arena, where you signed in.
- HOT FOOD will be provided in the MAIN COLLEGE BUILDING in O’Hehir Canteen, this is a 3min walk from the Knocknarea Arena, follow the GREEN ARROWS.
Some Safety Points for all Cyclists
- The rules of the road apply at all times. This event is on open roads.
- All participants must obey the instructions of Gardaí.
- Event marshals will be present to direct cyclists but not to stop traffic.
- Cyclists must obey route signage.
- Helmets are compulsory for all riders – NO HELMET NO RIDE!
- No tri bars allowed on bikes.
- No earphones to be worn by cyclists.
- Cyclists wishing to stop along the route must move to the side of the road in a safe manner and then stop.
Post Event Get Together
On Sunday night cyclists can let their hair down at the ‘Post Event Get Together’ in The View Bar of the Glass House Hotel, Hyde Bridge from 9.00pm onwards. Cyclists will also have a chance to see some of the day’s action with footage /photographs on the night.
We hope that your training schedule for the event is going well and look forward to welcoming you on the 30th April.
For up to date information please follow us on Facebook.